How It Works (High School)
Exceptional Courses, Entire Support Team, Individualized Program
The K12 online high school program provides SCVCS students with a high school experience like no other. With academic, foreign language, Advanced Placement®, dual enrollment, and technical education courses from which to choose, students can enjoy high school programs tailored to their goals and abilities.
SCVCS high school students receive many benefits through the K12 powered high school program, including the following:
- Multiple curriculum options to meet the needs of diverse learners
- Diverse high school catalog with more than 90 courses, including up to four levels of courses in math, language arts, science, and history
- Individualized Graduation Plan (IGP) for each student charts a course for success during and after high school
- Teachers, advisors, counselors, coordinators, and other educational personnel—offering personalized, extensive support to students and families
- Dual Enrollment - earning high school and college credit simultaneously
- Opportunity for AP classes and exams
- Ability to complete a major in 4 different Career Clusters
- Preparation for Industry Certification and examsJob Shadowing (also available in Middle School)
- Work Based Learning
- Guidance Counselors to assist students in planning for college and careers
- Dedicated Career Counselor to provide guidance to students in career planning
- Ability to take the PSAT, SAT, ACT, WIN, and ASVAB exams
- Extracurricular clubs and activities
- In-person, teacher-led, and school-sponsored events where students can network with their peers
Who is this intended for?
The SCVCS high school program serves students in grades 9-12 who officially reside within the state of South Carolina.
What are the costs?
Because we are part of the public school system, the SCVCS high school program is tuition free.